22 Dec 2012

Learning lino-printing.

WP_001431

So I have finally learnt to manage the whole scheduling posts in advance malarkey (hence my organisation with all my Christmas projects) however it has left me feeling like a strange automaton has taken over my small corner of the internet.  So this is my rebellion, an impromptu post as I procrastinate from writing my assignment!
Apologies for the shoddy photograph, I completely forgot to take a proper picture when I was done so I just pulled this one off of my phone.  This is my first properly finished lino-print of my mother's very handsome dog!  There are a million mistakes and imperfections and there are a lot of changes I wish I could make (the permanent nature of printing to a girl who lives with one hand on the Ctrl+z short cut and has an industrial eraser in her bag at all times takes some adapting to) but I do like it.
Have any of you guys tried lino printing?  Any advice you could impart for next time?


5 comments:

  1. Great job on this! My husband has done lino block printing in art school and I soooo have been wanting to do it. Thanks for the motivation!

    Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I am so jealous of him. I have wanted lessons for such a long time, I sign up for the night-class every year but they never have enough people to run it so it is always cancelled :(

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous job!!! Seriously, that is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I swear you always say the nicest things!!

      Delete
  3. These are fabulous~ I love that feather! You've inspired me to look up some good 'How To's' for this art ^^

    ReplyDelete