12 Jun 2012

Nautical storms.

It was a dark and stormy night.  We chose to go camping.  It was a small and very British adventure. 
The following morning, after a sleepless and slightly daunting night (70mph winds trying to steal our tent) I was saddened by the sight of devastation and carnage that met our eyes as we sleepily piled over the sand dunes. As we traipsed the shore it appeared that half of the ocean had been washed onto land following a storm out at sea. Then a miracle occured, a single, small starfish wiggled! As we looked closer, we realised that most of them were alive! Cue us girls rescuing hundreds of cold starfish from the hungry eyes of the seagulls and returning them to the ocean.  I had never seen a starfish before, they are such heavy, strange animals.
It really was something quite magical.

IMG_3520 IMG_3541 IMG_3511 IMG_3531 IMG_3505 IMG_3502 IMG_3495

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So beautiful! I've never seen a starfish (or most of those beautiful creatures and things in that pile) in person, I'm pretty jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either, hence the look of glee!

      Delete